Blizzard Challenge 2020
Read these first
- First, please read the Call for Participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2020 in PDF format
- Then, read and agree to the Blizzard Challenge 2020 Rules before participating
- You should only register for the challenge if you actually intend to submit an entry to the challenge and to comply with all the rules.
The organising committee this year is led by Zhenhua Ling from USTC with assistance from The University of Edinburgh.
Register by emailing email@example.com. We need to know your
- preferred team name - the organisers may adjust this so that all teams have meaningful, unique names
- affiliation - the name of your University and lab, or your Company
- the name of the main contact person - this must be exactly one person who is responsible for all communication with the organiser
- contact details:
- main contact person's email address - should be an institutional email address
- backup email address(es)
- postal address
- phone number
Complete the licence and download the data - only available to registered participants in the challenge, so please wait for your registration to be accepted before completing the license.
- available via : http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/, which include submitted synthetic speech and listener scores for some previous Blizzard Challenges, which may be helpful during development
- A questionnaire is included with the test materials. Please complete and include it within your submission.
There is a mailing list for discussion and announcements for the challenge:
Participants must join the list by sending a message to
with the following line in the body of the message
Once you are a member you will be able to mail messages to firstname.lastname@example.org
The timeline shown on this web page is the official one and supersedes those shown in announcements - it is subject to change, but we will try to follow it as closely as possible. Note that we will not consider any requests from participants to change the synthetic speech submission date or the paper submission date!
The dates of Interspeech are final and correct. The workshop date is currently provisional.
Feb 10 2020 - challenge announcement and registration open Feb 20 2020 - database released Mar 26 2020 - team registration closes May 04 2020 - test sentences released to participants May 14 2020 - deadline for participants to submit synthetic speech (23:59 AoE) May 18 2020 - last date for payment of the entry fee Jun 2020 - evaluation systems go live Aug 02 2020 - end of the evaluation period Aug 14 2020 - release of results Aug 24 2020 - deadline to submit workshop papers (23:59 AoE) Aug 31 2020 - notification of acceptance Oct 25-29 2020 - Interspeech 2020, Shanghai, China Oct 30 2020 - Joint Workshop for the Blizzard Challenge and Voice Conversion Challenge 2020 at Shanghai International Studies University, 550 Dalian Road (W), Shanghai 200083, China
Information on the workshop will appear here in due course: Blizzard Challenge 2020 Workshop
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions
- Blizzard Challenge 2019
- Blizzard Challenge 2018
- Blizzard Challenge 2017
- Blizzard Challenge 2016
- Blizzard Challenge 2015
- Blizzard Challenge 2014
- Blizzard Challenge 2013
- Blizzard Challenge 2012
- Blizzard Challenge 2011
- Blizzard Challenge 2010
- Blizzard Challenge 2009
- Blizzard Challenge 2008
- Blizzard Challenge 2007
- Blizzard Challenge 2006 papers and results: http://www.festvox.org/blizzard/blizzard2006.html
- Blizzard Challenge 2005 papers and results: http://www.festvox.org/blizzard/blizzard2005.html